Are you keen to gain valuable experience working within the charity sector or have an interest in Administration, Linguistics or English Language? If so, we may have the perfect voluntary opportunity for you!
Spec Recruitment are partnering with Mencap and we are recruiting for a self-motivated and detail orientated volunteer to work on a completely flexible basis as an Interview Transcriber Volunteer (working from home). The project involves collecting stories from people with a learning disability about their experiences of friendships and relationships.
- Location: Remote with support by phone and email
- Weekly hours: Flexible, from 1 hour per week +
- Duration of commitment: Flexible
You need to be motivated to work on your own to complete tasks agreed between you and you Volunteer Manager.
The Volunteer Role:
In this role you will listen to audio conversations recorded between people with a learning disability and their friends or partners.
You will be required to provide a written summary/transcription of the recording - templates and training will be provided.
Activity will include:
- Downloading MP3 of recording
- Typing up a summary of discussion
- Listening to the recording and typing up each spoken word
- Liaising with project staff around difficult audio
- Giving your opinion on the content of the recordings, and what extracts should be shared with the public
About the Team:
The project is run by 2 Project Managers, 2 Project Officers, 4 Project Ambassadors and 4 Support Workers.
- Able to use your initiative
- To be patient and reliable
- To have a high attention to detail
- To have a good command of the English language
- Access to your own computer/laptop
What can I expect in return?
- Training and guidance
- To feel fully supported in your role
- To enhance your current skillset
- To get your foot in the door within the charity sector
- Feel appreciated and valued
What difference will I make?
- Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Everything they do is about valuing and supporting people with a learning disability, their families and carers.
Volunteering is YOUR opportunity to make a difference, whilst having the chance to develop your skills and join a passionate and dedicated charitable organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to not only help others, but to also gain valuable administrative and transcription experience– the perfect steppingstone for a career within the charity sector or just to boost your skillset in general.
What happens next?
Our successful Bristol based client is seeking a Finance Coordinator to ensure that the sales ledger is maintained, updated and managed through excellent credit control.
- Salary; Up to £22k + company performance bonus + incentives
- Benefits; Free Parking, 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) + pension
- Location: Bristol
- Contract type; full-time, term-time or part-time
You will be working as part of a small team providing all necessary information to clients, along with ensuring all accounts are settled in a timely manner. This is a great position for anyone who enjoys interaction with customers, managing their own clients, and promoting positive relationships at all times.
Key duties will include:
- Chasing payments and debt collection
- Managing the sales ledger and credit control function
- Ensuring that customer payments are processed accurately and efficiently
- Updating the system with payment information and relevant notes
- Handling all forms of customer communication, payment methods and documents
- Processing incoming payments
- Corresponding with clients with data relating to the client’s product and sales ledger
- Liaising with sales and operations with regards to outstanding accounts
- Processing orders and updating contact details
The successful candidate with have a flexible approach with regards to both workload and working times, be a self starter and be available immediately.