Are you keen to gain valuable experience working within the charity sector or have an interest in Administration, Linguistics or English Language? If so, we may have the perfect voluntary opportunity for you!
Spec Recruitment are partnering with Mencap and we are recruiting for a self-motivated and detail orientated volunteer to work on a completely flexible basis as an Interview Transcriber Volunteer (working from home). The project involves collecting stories from people with a learning disability about their experiences of friendships and relationships.
- Location: Remote with support by phone and email
- Weekly hours: Flexible, from 1 hour per week +
- Duration of commitment: Flexible
You need to be motivated to work on your own to complete tasks agreed between you and you Volunteer Manager.
The Volunteer Role:
In this role you will listen to audio conversations recorded between people with a learning disability and their friends or partners.
You will be required to provide a written summary/transcription of the recording - templates and training will be provided.
Activity will include:
- Downloading MP3 of recording
- Typing up a summary of discussion
- Listening to the recording and typing up each spoken word
- Liaising with project staff around difficult audio
- Giving your opinion on the content of the recordings, and what extracts should be shared with the public
About the Team:
The project is run by 2 Project Managers, 2 Project Officers, 4 Project Ambassadors and 4 Support Workers.
- Able to use your initiative
- To be patient and reliable
- To have a high attention to detail
- To have a good command of the English language
- Access to your own computer/laptop
What can I expect in return?
- Training and guidance
- To feel fully supported in your role
- To enhance your current skillset
- To get your foot in the door within the charity sector
- Feel appreciated and valued
What difference will I make?
- Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Everything they do is about valuing and supporting people with a learning disability, their families and carers.
Volunteering is YOUR opportunity to make a difference, whilst having the chance to develop your skills and join a passionate and dedicated charitable organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to not only help others, but to also gain valuable administrative and transcription experience– the perfect steppingstone for a career within the charity sector or just to boost your skillset in general.
What happens next?
Part Time Receptionist
Our successful client is looking to expand their Reception Team in Bristol and are keen to find a well-motivated person to join them on a part time permanent basis. Flexibility, commitment and a positive approach are essential.
- Location: Bristol (free parking)
- Hours: 20 hours pw + occasional extended hours by rotation (paid overtime)
- Shift pattern: Either 8.00am to 4.30pm or 10.00am to 6.30pm
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary: £9.10ph +
- Start date: ASAP
- Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays (whole time equivalent)
- Providing a high standard of customer service to patients and visitors to the practice
- Filing of both paper and computer medical records and correspondence
- Dealing with telephone calls requesting home visits, repeat prescriptions and general enquiries
- Registering new patients and updating computer details
- Relaying of information to and from members of the Primary Health Care Team
- Maintaining confidentiality of patient records
- Operation of the repeat prescription system
- Opening and closing the practice as required
- Attending appropriate training
Each receptionist at the practice has an area of personal responsibility that will be allocated after a satisfactory induction period and appropriate training. These tasks will rotate on a regular basis to give experience to all staff:
- Coding of clinical information
- Scanning and interpretation of clinical letters
- Reception rota’s
- Dossett boxes
- Summarising of medical records
- Able to deal with people professionally even when working under pressure
- Previous experience working within the medical sector (highly desirable)
- Experience in customer service or administration
- EMIS experience (highly desirable)
- Strong understanding of patient confidentiality
- To be highly organised
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a welcoming, busy and supportive team in Bristol on a part time permanent basis. If you have a flair for customer service and enjoy helping others, then this may be the perfect vacancy for you! Please apply today – immediate start available.