Are you keen to gain valuable experience working within the charity sector or have an interest in Administration, Linguistics or English Language? If so, we may have the perfect voluntary opportunity for you!
Spec Recruitment are partnering with Mencap and we are recruiting for a self-motivated and detail orientated volunteer to work on a completely flexible basis as an Interview Transcriber Volunteer (working from home). The project involves collecting stories from people with a learning disability about their experiences of friendships and relationships.
- Location: Remote with support by phone and email
- Weekly hours: Flexible, from 1 hour per week +
- Duration of commitment: Flexible
You need to be motivated to work on your own to complete tasks agreed between you and you Volunteer Manager.
The Volunteer Role:
In this role you will listen to audio conversations recorded between people with a learning disability and their friends or partners.
You will be required to provide a written summary/transcription of the recording - templates and training will be provided.
Activity will include:
- Downloading MP3 of recording
- Typing up a summary of discussion
- Listening to the recording and typing up each spoken word
- Liaising with project staff around difficult audio
- Giving your opinion on the content of the recordings, and what extracts should be shared with the public
About the Team:
The project is run by 2 Project Managers, 2 Project Officers, 4 Project Ambassadors and 4 Support Workers.
- Able to use your initiative
- To be patient and reliable
- To have a high attention to detail
- To have a good command of the English language
- Access to your own computer/laptop
What can I expect in return?
- Training and guidance
- To feel fully supported in your role
- To enhance your current skillset
- To get your foot in the door within the charity sector
- Feel appreciated and valued
What difference will I make?
- Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Everything they do is about valuing and supporting people with a learning disability, their families and carers.
Volunteering is YOUR opportunity to make a difference, whilst having the chance to develop your skills and join a passionate and dedicated charitable organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to not only help others, but to also gain valuable administrative and transcription experience– the perfect steppingstone for a career within the charity sector or just to boost your skillset in general.
What happens next?
Part Time Administrator
Our successful client has an exciting opportunity for a customer focused candidate to work in a relaxed and friendly but ultimately hardworking atmosphere, based between their two Bristol offices as a Part Time Administrator.
- Hours: Part Time 10.00am – 2.30pm (this can be flexible to accommodate the successful candidate)
- Day: Minimum 3 days up to 5 days
- Hourly rate £9-£12 ph
- Location: Bristol
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Responding to telephone and email enquiries
- Taking accurate messages and passing them on quickly via email or face to face if urgent (when Sales staff are unavailable)
- Booking new appointments into the diary
- Maintaining paperwork
- Updating the company computer system
- Processing orders
- Ordering stationary and office supplies
- Typing and formatting documents and files
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- Other administrative/customer service duties as required
If you are a highly organised Administrator who enjoys interacting with customers and can work well under pressure, then this may be the ideal role for you!
Our well-established client has an urgent requirement for a Part Time Finance Assistant to be responsible for recording financial details of the business, to include: purchase ledger, job accounting, sales ledger, credit card, expenses and procedural notes. Maintaining all key areas, accurately processing transaction data and ensuring that reporting deadlines are met at all times. Working closely with teams throughout the business in order to contribute to the efficient running of the company. As part of a small team flexibility is key, and the successful candidate will be expected to cover sickness and holidays
Hourly Rate: £11.50ph
Hours: 4 days per week and 5 hours per day with an element of flexibility (accommodating with adjusting hours to cover the Purchase Ledger Assistant for holiday/sick leave plus being available at month end. Full time hours could be required on these occasions, 9-5pm)
The role will predominantly involve dealing with expenses (about 2/3 of the role), with the remainder of the role involving other financial duties.
Purpose of role:
- Responsible for the smooth running of Credit Card and Expenses process including receipt management
- Registering invoices and distributing for daily authorisation
- Ensure invoices are correctly calculated, approved and coded
- Maintain records of pro forma invoices
- Resolve all queries as they arise
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Maintain all payment runs, BACS, Priority Run, Foreign and Adhoc payments
- Filing of invoices and other admin duties
- New supplier set up/Bank Details/Credit Check
- Prepare monthly analysis of travel expenses and corporate social responsibility summary
- Reserve reporting at month end
- Assist with overall Sales Ledger, as and when required including the raising of invoices and credit control
- Quarterly supplier reconciliations
- Hire car damage claims – investigation/disputing or paying
- Add hoc duties
- Purchase Ledger and Expense Ledger experience
- Excellent IT skills, some knowledge of SAP would be excellent
- Highly organised, accurate, and have excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Deadline driven
- Strong IT skills
- Tenacious – eg, ensure that missing information and receipts are supplied
- Team focussed
- Ensuring tasks are completed 100%
Working in a quiet but busy environment, this is a varied role that may call upon the job holder to undertake additional duties. Great ‘temp2perm’ opportunity.