Health and Safety Officer
Our successful client based in Bristol is a seeking a Health and Safety Administrator to join their expanding team in Bristol on a full-time permanent basis.
- Location: Bristol
- Hours: Full time Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary: £19 – 23,000pa
Reporting to the Health and Safety Director, the role of Health and Safety Officer is varied and encompasses the day to day environmental health, safety and quality functions in conjunction with additional responsibilities to support the continued growth of our successful client.
KEY TASKS & MAIN DUTIES:
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Integrated Management System to the standards set, ensuring our own processes are prepared for annual audit
- Liaise with departmental managers to ensure all departments comply with the ISO Standards for the ISO 45001:2018 policies
- Ensure that Managers are giving guidance to their employees ensuring they are fully aware of the relevant procedures to be followed when carrying out their work duties
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure compliance with Health & Safety, Environmental & Quality management systems
- Liaise with customers to ensure that the company meets standards required to achieve approved supplier status
- Carry out special Environmental, Health, Safety & Quality projects as required
- Auditing and verifying procedures
- Comply with the Company Health & Safety Policy, including carrying out general housekeeping to ensure work areas are kept tidy
- Comply with all aspects of the company ISO 9001:2015, 1400:2015, 45001:2018 procedures, proactively contributing to the company’s continuous improvement programme
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Some knowledge of management systems and relevant H&S policies
- Relevant work experience within Environmental, Health & Safety and Quality position
- Effective interpersonal skills
- IT literate i.e. competent in the use of MS Office applications (Excel etc)
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
Full UK driving license
Benefits: 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, company pension scheme, private medical and life assurance schemes.
This is a varied role and a fantastic opportunity to join a successful Bristol business with great benefits - if you have the relevant skills and experiences please submit your CV today.
Are you keen to gain valuable experience working within the charity sector or have an interest in Administration, Linguistics or English Language? If so, we may have the perfect voluntary opportunity for you!
Spec Recruitment are partnering with Mencap and we are recruiting for a self-motivated and detail orientated volunteer to work on a completely flexible basis as an Interview Transcriber Volunteer (working from home). The project involves collecting stories from people with a learning disability about their experiences of friendships and relationships.
- Location: Remote with support by phone and email
- Weekly hours: Flexible, from 1 hour per week +
- Duration of commitment: Flexible
You need to be motivated to work on your own to complete tasks agreed between you and you Volunteer Manager.
The Volunteer Role:
In this role you will listen to audio conversations recorded between people with a learning disability and their friends or partners.
You will be required to provide a written summary/transcription of the recording - templates and training will be provided.
Activity will include:
- Downloading MP3 of recording
- Typing up a summary of discussion
- Listening to the recording and typing up each spoken word
- Liaising with project staff around difficult audio
- Giving your opinion on the content of the recordings, and what extracts should be shared with the public
About the Team:
The project is run by 2 Project Managers, 2 Project Officers, 4 Project Ambassadors and 4 Support Workers.
- Able to use your initiative
- To be patient and reliable
- To have a high attention to detail
- To have a good command of the English language
- Access to your own computer/laptop
What can I expect in return?
- Training and guidance
- To feel fully supported in your role
- To enhance your current skillset
- To get your foot in the door within the charity sector
- Feel appreciated and valued
What difference will I make?
- Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Everything they do is about valuing and supporting people with a learning disability, their families and carers.
Volunteering is YOUR opportunity to make a difference, whilst having the chance to develop your skills and join a passionate and dedicated charitable organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to not only help others, but to also gain valuable administrative and transcription experience– the perfect steppingstone for a career within the charity sector or just to boost your skillset in general.
What happens next?