Our successful client is seeking a Trainee Export Coordinator to join their team in Bristol.
Contract: Full time permanent
Main Purpose of Job:
To meet customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively.
• Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers to ensure their requirements are fulfilled in line with their booking instructions
• Collate all bookings and plan trailers to ensure cost effectiveness
• Plan vehicles to be used, assessing any subcontractors
• Liaise with other offices in the UK and abroad
• Communicate with drivers to ensure issues are resolved promptly
• Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists
• Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse/Haulage/Distribution/Shipping department for loading/offloading cargo to vehicles
• Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. check costs in accordance with departmental requirement and filing
• Maintain awareness of and follow transport regulations, where relevant
• Excellent problem solving and customer service skills
• Strong organisational and strategic planning skills
• Good communication and administrative skills
• Able to work on own initiative with good interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft word & Excel
This is a great opportunity to work for a successful business in North Bristol.
Our client are looking to recruit for 2 roles: An Ocean Export Coordinator and an Air Import Coordinator.
Salary: £19,000-£22,000 +
To deal with aspects of International and Domestic freight movements (Import, Export by Sea, Air and/or Land). Duties include:
-To act as a conduit between customers and suppliers
-To create customs declarations in line with HMRC and current legislation
-To provide quotations to clients and overseas offices, and also to assist Sales team in quotations when they are on the road
-To liaise with overseas offices for shipment movements, taking responsibility for monitoring progress and keeping the customer advised of the status
-To ensure that all KPI’s are met in a positive way for the client or the Company
-Providing lead information to other offices in the UK where relevant
-Identifying new business opportunities and progressing through sales and/or operations pipeline
-Providing possible telesales support to the Business Development Manager and covering all aspects from arranging appointments and completing telesales duties
-Working with the Branch on a daily basis to ensure all jobs are moving at a profit unless previously agreed
-To perform any other duties not defined in the job description as reasonably requested / expected by the Company
Skills and Experience:
-Experience within the freight forwarding sector essential
-Energetic and committed
-Good team player
The ideal candidate for these roles will have the ability to work independently, think on their feet and work well under pressure. This a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and ambitious individual to join a fun company based in South Bristol. If it sounds like the perfect role for you, apply today!
Our client based in North Bristol is currently looking for an Import/Export Assistant for an immediate start!
Salary: £26,000 per annum
You will ultimately be responsible for meeting customer requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo whilst remaining in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring that legislative compliance is achieved in all areas
• Making sure that the company operates within operational procedures
• Arranging hauliers for transport cargo
• Confirming the availability of equipment and agreeing prices where no previous tariff exists to maximise cost effectiveness
The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively with a keen eye for detail, noticing and reporting any discrepancies that may arise; you should be a self-starter with a high level of initiative.
Ideally you will have two years’ experience in a similar role and experience in importing/exporting. You must have good computer skills and be good at communicating at all levels.
This is a great opportunity, apply today!