Our client is seeking an experienced sectary to join their Bristol office based in the heart of the city.
With 13 offices in the UK and Ireland, 1,600 people and an international capability in over 100 countries, their aim is to provide an innovative global service.
Purpose of Role:
To provide secretarial/administrative support.
• Copy and audio typing of general correspondence (including drafting of own correspondence), letters of response, mail merges, emails, reports, minutes of meetings, memos, file notes etc.
• Preparing and collating all relevant documents required for meetings, producing reports/presentations, photocopying and distributing to relevant people.
• Diary management and coordinating meetings (external and internal).
• Answer department telephone calls and take messages as required.
• Book travel for the team as required (domestic and international).
• Open department post.
• Arrange for documents to be archived and recalled as and when necessary.
• Provide general assistance and guidance on departmental practices and procedures, housekeeping and knowledge of staff in other departments.
• Other ad hoc tasks when required, to include scanning, faxing and photocopying.
• Process invoices as and when necessary, ensuring the cost allocation is correct.
• Co-ordinating the Billing process for the team.
• Preparation of SIP9 schedules (fee analyses).
• Creating fee notes/credit notes.
• Logging cheques received.
• Setting up new cases on IPS.
• Producing letters / notices / reports.
• Run reports for tasks due & produce 6-month case review packs and progress report packs.
• Ensure that contact details are maintained on the database.
• Assisting with the start-up procedures for new matters.
• Admitting creditor claims and preparing dividend schedules.
• Company research.
• Initial report drafting for less complex jobs.
• Book debt collections – issue letters and monitor responses.
1. Use of IT – must be proficient in Word, spreadsheet packages and database management.
2. Judgement – knowing how to deal with problems which arise, knowing when to involve the Partner/Managers in issues, ability to think ahead and anticipate events occurring.
3. Planning and organising – will need to be able to organise his/her time so as to meet deadlines.
4. Written communication – good grammar and spelling so as to be able to produce documents accurately and quickly, the ability to draft own correspondence.
5. Teamwork – to work well with the immediate team and in other offices. Flexibility and willingness to help out others is essential.
6. Problem solving – must be able to deal with problems using own initiative.
7. Good verbal communication skills and the ability to deal effectively and politely with people at all levels.
• Ideally educated to A Level standard
• Experience of working at senior level in a client facing role. A background in insolvency/professional services is highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of Word, Databases, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience of using IPS is highly desirable.
• Fast and accurate audio and copy typing (minimum 60wpm tested)
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work well in pressurised environment with the ability to prioritise work.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, appy today!