To assist and deputise for the Payroll Manager in managing and operating the payroll function for the Company (both the Company payroll and the pension scheme payroll). Ensure all payroll records, procedures and reports are maintained to satisfy both statutory and business requirements.
- Liaise with HR to ensure new starters, leavers and position changes are processed in an accurate and timely fashion and maintain employee databases.
- Process changes to employees’/retirees’ pay packages including implementing the annual increase any profit-related pay amounts.
- Review daily, weekly and monthly hours using electronic timesheets prepared by other departments and process and import the data into the payroll system.
- Ensure employees’ annual leave (including bank holidays) is accurately tracked and paid accordingly.
- Ensure employees’ sickness is properly tracked and paid (both SSP and Company sick pay) and ensuring sick certificates (either self-certifications or statement of fitness to work) are obtained for all periods of sickness.
- Processing of any other statutory leave (e.g. maternity, paternity etc.).
- Processing of expenses claims, flagging any claims that are not in accordance with the Company’s expenses policy to the relevant director.
- In addition you will be able to:
- Manage the monthly payroll process and ensure checking procedures are in place to minimise the risk of error in employees’ pay.
- Prepare and submit all required statutory submissions in relation to the payroll (including HMRC and auto-enrolment).
- Prepare journal files each month for the accounting system for the costing and payment of payroll by the pay date.
- Manage the tax year-end process ensuring the payroll system is rolled-forward for the new tax year.
- Preparation of any regular and ad-hoc payroll reports as required by the Chief Executive, Finance Director or Personnel Director.
- A financial/accounting qualification or payroll experience
- Intermediate – advanced Excel
- Able to deputise for the Payroll Manager
- Possess a high level of discretion
- Work to deadlines
- Understand or be able to pick up the legal intricacies of payroll
- High level of accuracy
This is a great opportunity for someone to work with one of Bristol’s most foremost employers. Apply today!
Client Accounts Co-Ordinator – North Bristol
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven individual to join our award winning, energetic and
experienced lettings team.
Key Skills: The ideal candidate would;
Have accounts experience
Have a good knowledge of MS Office packages
Thrive on keeping busy and enjoy working under pressure
Have excellent telephone manner
Have a meticulous attention to detail
Have a passion for customer service
Demonstrate first class administrative skills
Have excellent time management skills including the ability to prioritise
Enjoy a fast paced and high-volume workload
Ability to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation
Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of RPS/Reapit software would be advantageous although full training will be
given to the successful candidate
An overview of day to day duties;
Maintaining the Client Rent Accounts
Receipting in Tenants payments
Approving Contractor invoices
Paying Landlords/Contractors; running statements & remittance advices
Assisting the Property Managers in chasing late rent payments
NRL (Non-Resident Landlord) Tax – Reporting and processing for HMRC - including quarterly
& year end returns
Month End reconciliations
Collating monthly team performance figures and updating various spreadsheets for
Keeping reports on Managed Portfolio properties
Registering deposits with the DPS (Deposit Protection Service) and ensuring compliance
Preparing and overseeing our annual audit’s – ARLA & Franchisor Audit
Send the Company Accounts team – Agency Fees; Lets Referrals; Lets Return
We are offering:
£24K Basic salary with a REALISTIC OTE of £27K (Uncapped Pooled Commission)
25 Days annual leave + Bank holidays
Great company culture and values
Plenty of first-class training and development resources
Funding of ARLA exams/qualifications and membership
The opportunity to learn from a lively, highly-skilled team
The right candidate does not need years and years of experience - with a can-do attitude, great
attention to detail, and eagerness to learn...we can teach the rest!
Monday to Friday 8.45am-6.00pm
Upon successfully completing your training and passing probation your office location can be
flexible (multi office site’s and/or home working)
Start Date: Flexible for the right candidate
Purchase Ledger Clerk
Our successful client has a position available immediately in their Bristol office for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk with a minimum of one year’s experience to join their busy and friendly team for a 12-month period.
The successful candidate is expected to be well presented, a good communicator, self-motivated and have a good eye for detail.
- Receiving all incoming purchase invoices
- Stamp, code and pass invoices for authorisation
- Receive authorised invoices and enter on purchase ledger
- Generate payables reports and batch with relevant invoices
- Check funding
- Obtain authorisation for cheque / BACS payment runs
- Produce computer generated cheques
- Send out cheques and remittance
- Deal with all supplier queries & account reconciliations
- Provide holiday cover filing clerk and general assist at peak times
Skills and Experience:
- Good attitude
- Hard working, reliable, honest, polite, co-operative
- Good attention to detail
- Willing to learn
- Able to work as a part of a team
- Computer literate (MS programs)