Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable and numerate Finance Assistant to join their growing, award-winning specialist travel company.
You will play a key role in processing financial data from international offices. Working closely with the Financial Controller and the Finance team, you will be recording receipts and payments, processing invoices, and inputting data from customers, suppliers and employees.
The successful candidate will ideally have relevant office accounts experience and be keen to apply their numeracy skills to drive the continued growth and success of the business.
• Payments and Receipts
• Sales and Purchase Ledgers
• Credit Control including Agent Statements and Final Invoices
• Banking cheques and cash handling
• Maintaining spreadsheets
• Supporting the handling of financial data from overseas branches
• Clerical tasks such as filing, handling phone calls, emails and dealing with mail
Experience / Key Skills required:
• Attention to detail
• High level of accuracy
• Able to work brilliantly in a team
• Intermediate use of Excel
• Knowledge of Sage or QuickBooks systems would be advantageous
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage your own workload
• Trustworthy and reliable
• Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences
Pay and Benefits:
• Starting salary: £20,710 to £21,740 per annum (depending on skills and experience)
• Hours: 40 hours per week (normal working hours to be negotiated, including an hour for lunch) Holiday: 23 days paid holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
• Bonus: The Company offers a performance-related bonus scheme where the maximum payment available is 125% of monthly salary
• Pension: An auto-enrolment workplace pension scheme is offered to employees. The Company contribution is 3% of gross monthly salary, with a minimum employee contribution of 2% from April 2018
• Probation period: 6 months, can be extended by 1 additional month if necessary
• Travel to work: we encourage our employees to either walk, cycle, use a park and ride or bus or train service. If driving by car there is no parking available at the office. We run a Cycle2work scheme for employees, following successful completion of the probation period.
• Report to: Controller
• Location: Bristol
If the above role is of interest, please apply now!
Due to increased market share and continued demand for accurate and timely financial information, our Client’s business requires additional service charge accounts personnel.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
• Credit Control
• Responsible for the completion of cheque runs and perform cash and business expenses processing
• Dealing with tenant variance and queries both via written correspondence and over the phone
• Payment runs to include BACS payments and posting transactions
• Ad-hoc queries and month end processes
• Accurate and timely production of Year End Service Charge Accounts
• Liaising and meeting with clients, Lessees, professional advisors and colleagues in or out of the office as necessary
• Supporting the Property Management team in the delivery of accurate information and responding to queries
• Contributing to the continued development of our in-house management system
• Assisting other members of the client accounts team as required to ensure all tasks are completed in an accurate and timely manner
• General accounts administration tasks
Key Attributes required:
• Customer focused with a commercial approach
• Strong communication skills with clients and contractors
• Good time management and ability to prioritise
• Confident in IT to assist with the use of bespoke in-house software
• The ability to work in a team
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hard-working and organised individual. If it sounds like the perfect role for you, apply today!