Are you job hunting but don’t have the experience you need? But you can’t get the experience because you can’t get a job in the first place?
Are you struggling to change career paths or are unsure what you want to next?
While volunteering may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a career change, it’s a great way to support you through the transition.
Volunteering can benefit your career in many ways:
• Expands your personal and professional networks
• Helps you develop new and transferable skills
• Builds your confidence
• It can work as a ‘try before you buy’ or career exploration – allowing you to try different organisations, roles, industries etc - all without job hopping!
• There may be future potential for the transition from volunteer to employee
• It will fill a gap in your employment history if you are currently unemployed
• You’ll have increased credibility
Volunteering can allow you to test different careers with different focuses and because volunteering is flexible, you don’t have to quit your current job to test the waters of something new. Let’s also not forget the positive impact volunteering has both on the charity/organisation, the community, and our society as a whole. For career changers, it’s a win-win scenario.
If you are considering a career change or are struggling to gain specific experience, then please contact our consultant Anne-Marie today who can assist you with your current job search.