Are you keen to gain valuable experience working within the charity sector or have an interest in Marketing and Administration? If so, we may have the perfect voluntary opportunity for you:
Spec Recruitment are partnering with Mencap and we are recruiting for a self-motivated and proactive volunteer to work on a completely flexible basis as an Administration and Marketing Volunteer (from home!)
Location: Remote with support by phone, email or Skype
Weekly hours: Flexible, from 1 hour per week +
Duration of commitment: Flexible (6 weeks plus)
This is a very flexible role and it will be up to you when you do your volunteering.
Independent tasks can be done at any time, but you will be asked to be available for occasional events – (you will be given plenty of notice!).
Duties can include:
• Researching opportunities to promote volunteer roles, both online and in physical locations
• Championing Mencap online by using social media and in the local area by attending events
• Putting up posters in your local area to advertise events and other activities
• Attending local Mencap events to lend a hand, talk to people and take marketing photos
• Other tasks as agreed with your volunteer manager
You need to be motivated to work on your own to complete tasks agreed between you and you volunteer manager.
It would also be helpful to be:
• Friendly and approachable
• Able to use your initiative
• Willing to volunteer within guidelines
What can I expect in return?
• Training and induction
• To feel fully supported in your role
• Agreed out-of-pocket expenses to be reimbursed (e.g. travel)
• The opportunity to meet new people
• To learn new skills
• To get your foot in the door within the charity sector
• Feel appreciated and valued
What difference will I make?
• Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Everything they do is about valuing and supporting people with a learning disability, and their families and carers.
Volunteering is YOUR opportunity to make a difference, whilst having the chance to develop your skills, meet new people and join a passionate and dedicated charitable organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to not only help others, but to also gain valuable administrative, marketing and research experience – the perfect steppingstone for a career within the charity sector or just to boost your skillset in general.