Are you keen to gain valuable experience working within the charity sector or have an interest in teaching? If so, we may have the perfect voluntary opportunity for you:
We are looking for volunteers to support our client’s Supported Internship Programme in Bristol.
Our client delivers relaxed classroom-based sessions to young people with learning disabilities, aged between 16 and 25, to prepare them for work, and support them to improve their numeracy and literacy skills.
Along with charity staff and other volunteers, you will be supporting people on a 1:1 basis and in small groups.
The sessions run weekly at the Vassell Centre in Bristol and you will need to be available from 9am to 5pm (6 hours on either Tuesday or Wednesday each week).
• Friendly and approachable
• Reliable and patient
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to provide encouragement and support
• Able to establish and maintain professional boundaries
What can I expect in return?
• Training and induction
• To feel fully supported in your role
• Agreed out-of-pocket expenses to be reimbursed (e.g. travel)
• To meet new people and to network
• To learn new valuable skills
• To get your foot in the door within the charity sector
• Feel appreciated and valued
Volunteering with our client is YOUR opportunity to help them achieve their goals, whilst having the chance to develop your skills, meet new people and join a passionate and dedicated team within the charity sector.
This is a fantastic opportunity to not only help others, but to also gain valuable teaching experience – the perfect steppingstone for a career within education or within the charity sector in general.
If you are interested in gaining some teaching experience or have a desire to work for a successful Bristol based charity and can commit to 1-day volunteering per week then please submit your CV today!
Please note: an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role (paid for by the charity).
Please note: a minimum of 6 months commitment would be ideal for this role, to allow the participants to get to know you).