Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable and numerate Finance Assistant to join their growing, award-winning specialist travel company.
You will play a key role in processing financial data from international offices. Working closely with the Financial Controller and the Finance team, you will be recording receipts and payments, processing invoices, and inputting data from customers, suppliers and employees.
The successful candidate will ideally have relevant office accounts experience and be keen to apply their numeracy skills to drive the continued growth and success of the business.
• Payments and Receipts
• Sales and Purchase Ledgers
• Credit Control including Agent Statements and Final Invoices
• Banking cheques and cash handling
• Maintaining spreadsheets
• Supporting the handling of financial data from overseas branches
• Clerical tasks such as filing, handling phone calls, emails and dealing with mail
Experience / Key Skills required:
• Attention to detail
• High level of accuracy
• Able to work brilliantly in a team
• Intermediate use of Excel
• Knowledge of Sage or QuickBooks systems would be advantageous
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage your own workload
• Trustworthy and reliable
• Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences
Pay and Benefits:
• Starting salary: £20,710 to £21,740 per annum (depending on skills and experience)
• Hours: 40 hours per week (normal working hours to be negotiated, including an hour for lunch) Holiday: 23 days paid holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
• Bonus: The Company offers a performance-related bonus scheme where the maximum payment available is 125% of monthly salary
• Pension: An auto-enrolment workplace pension scheme is offered to employees. The Company contribution is 3% of gross monthly salary, with a minimum employee contribution of 2% from April 2018
• Probation period: 6 months, can be extended by 1 additional month if necessary
• Travel to work: we encourage our employees to either walk, cycle, use a park and ride or bus or train service. If driving by car there is no parking available at the office. We run a Cycle2work scheme for employees, following successful completion of the probation period.
• Report to: Controller
• Location: Bristol
If the above role is of interest, please apply now!