We have an exciting opportunity to join our client’s Air & Sea Office in Bristol as an Import Client Specialist.
- Location: Bristol
- Salary: Up to £22,000k (depending on experience)
- Contract: Full time, permanent
- Hours: 8am-4pm 1 hour for lunch
This is an opportunity to work in a fast paced and busy, but friendly, environment with different challenges on a day to day basis. There are opportunities for further development throughout the world with our client’s global network of offices.
We are looking for an individual to work alongside our client’s experienced Import Team to handle airfreight and seafreight import shipments from worldwide origins. The role entails customer contact, data entry into their system, handling of import customs formalities and support of their business retention and Sales Team to drive the continuous growth of the branch.
- Liaise/co-ordinate with internal and external customers, ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained
- Ensure effective/timely communication with customers and employees to ensure smooth running of the department
- Input data into computer systems as directed to ensure timely and accurate information available
- Arrange with approved carriers for transport of cargo to maximize cost effectiveness
- Work with sales department to ensure new business is effectively brought into the branch
- Be involved in the continuous improvement program and grow the branch customer base and profit
- Ensure HMR Customs compliance by assisting clearance team with correct instructions
- Previous experience within an import orientated role
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- To work well in a team
- To have high attention to detail
- To be customer focused
- Monthly bonus scheme based on performance against budget
- Annual bonus scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Full Training Given