Reporting to: Head of Procurement
Main Objective: To support the procurement and shipping of raw materials. Vital day to day activities involve liaison with international suppliers and freight forwarders; accurate and timely upkeep of internal systems; monitoring and reporting to ensure continuity of supply and achievement of key business targets.
• Maintain successful relationships with current suppliers and be involved in sourcing and approval of potential new.
• Work with Supply Chain colleagues to maintain ERP systems on an ongoing basis to support and improve data quality.
• Participate in purchasing activities such as raw materials costs optimisation as well as delivery lead time reduction.
• Assist with the development of best practice purchasing practices to suit business needs.
• Monitor and maintain the progress of purchase orders from placement to receipt, ensuring timely delivery in agreement with terms.
• Liaise with suppliers with respect to product specifications, transit times, documentation and custom clearance.
• Arrange deliveries/collections of stock to minimise overdue deliveries and impact to service from and to different production sites.
• Update key internal stakeholders and Supply Chain colleagues of potential changes in timelines or volumes.
• Pre-shipment sample submission to QC for testing and approval and follow through till their final approval.
• Ensure requisitions are processed in a timely manner.
• Manage supplier enquiries.
• Provide regular spend analysis and stock reports.
• To ensure equality of opportunity is maintained and respected at all times in accordance with the appropriate policies and procedures.
• To work co-operatively with colleagues.
• To actively participate in opportunities, including attending team meetings.
• To demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly with others to respond to needs of an evolving organisation.
• To ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
• To perform any other duties as directed by management.
Knowledge & Experience
• Experience in import and export of sea, road and air freight
• Knowledge of customs clearance procedures and requirements
• Commercial awareness
• Sensitivity on cultural differences
• PC literate and confident
• Supply chain knowledge of systems and processes from supplier to consumer
• Experience in stock control
• Commercial awareness
• Ability to influence and negotiate, research, network and build relationships
• Experience in working with ERP business systems (IFS)
• Dynamic approach to problem solving
• Highly numerical and analytical
• Willingness to develop within the team, open to change
• Attention to detail
• Persistent, resilient and determined
• Good team player
• Common sense and good judgement
Hours: 37.5 h/week
Holiday: 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
Benefits: Pension, Range of staff welfare benefits (product allowance and discount, complementary health) Personal and professional development, free parking.